Friday, June 15, 2012

Endings

Yesterday I said goodbye to all of my school friends. 

It was a lot harder than I thought that it would be, I didn't realize how important I was to them or how important they were to me. It's quite painful saying goodbye when you don't know when you'll see them again, if you see them again. To say the least, yesterday I was an emotional wreck. 

There are so many emotions running through my head, and I can't describe them in neither Spanish nor English. I'm so excited to go home, to see my friends and family and resume the life that I left behind. But I feel like there are so many things here in Spain that I haven't done. I have so much to learn still, and I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to learn this culture again. This kind of permanence is scaring me. I just pray that the friends that I make here won't drift away from me, they mean so much to me. I've made some life-long friends here and I never want to lose them.

It's been awful. But at least I go on the Rotary trip today! Today we're heading out to Granada to visit the Alhambra. Later we're going to be hitting up Seville, Cordoba, Salamanca, and Lisbon. I'm pretty excited to say the very least! 

At least I'm ending with a bang. I'm excited to see my exchange students friends again, but I wish it didn't have to be so hard to say goodbye to all the others...

No comments:

Post a Comment